Friday, June 15, 2007

One Room Living

This is one of my favorite small spaces. It is a 400 square foot apartment designed by Toronto designer David Overholt. I've kept this particular magazine since 2003 because I love it so. When you can put a separate sleeping quarter in 400 square feet and make it look this stylish, you are one heck of a designer. I did scan all the pictures from the article, Unfortunately they did not show the bathroom or the kitchen. To this day, I'm still dying to see those! (All pictures from Canadian Style at home magazine. Special issue "Small Spaces" summer/fall 2003, you can find a link under favorite magazines)

3 comments:

momma j lee ♥ said...

i've seen him on hgtv once and thought he did great stuff but haven't seen him ever again.

Chef Jules said...

This is a wonderful feature! I think I'll Google him to see if I can find more of his work. It's always interesting to see small space effectively/efficiently dealt with. I always wonder to myself what is the least amount of space I could function (not just function, but flourish!) in. I'm still not sure but I do know I'd have to edit many possessions. That's not a bad thing. Keep up the great work. I enjoy your blog so much.

Anonymous said...

This apt. was featured on HGTV a few years back.